Thursday, January 23, 2014

Get Lost To Be Found

  


Noise. Noise everywhere. Traffic, honking, typing, machinery, cluttered conversation, meaningless words. Everywhere. Every corner, every turn, every person. People in a constant rush, buy, wait, hurry, wait impatiently. The clock ticks, the clock tocks, the clock spins. Pushing, keep up, keep going, no rest. Get ahead but leave integrity, humility, tradition, morals and self-worth behind. The days fly by, minutes are meaningless, speech is abbreviated, handshakes are non-existent. Words are fake, staccato, misspelled and childish. Quiet moments interrupted by technology, the true feel of the world's beauty missing from so many minds, forgotten, overlooked, incomparable to what could be surpassed next; pushing the limits, ignoring risks, but not accepting consequences. The noise, it's silencing; silencing the true beauty of the world and the heart of Mother Nature. 

The noise of the world is easy to get lost in. We all get lost there with jobs, family, and high speed haywire lives we live, but for the lucky few who know how to escape it effectively we survive, I survive. I survive by consciously seeking the embrace of the road less traveled, the unbeaten path, the untouched breath of God in the quiet moments best spent alone in the marvelous outdoors. 

I am found here. Here with each burning sky of the sun breaking through the trees, the awakening of the awe inspiring moments that breathe life into the morning and into my yearning soul. My heart overflows with passion, gratitude, humility and everything that was lost collides with the simple untouched moments of the woods; the chaos is consumed and I am found. 

 I am found as the dark is colored with light when the woods awaken, breathe and come to life. I am found in my tree stand, ground blind, or path to heaven on earth anywhere in the field. In a tree, in a chair, walking without a purpose, with or without a weapon, I am found in those moments of tranquility that are untouched by man, undisturbed by manipulation and unexplainable to anyone resisting the welcoming call. 


I am found as leaves fall, crunch beneath my feet, blow in the wind and float on Gods simple transportation that changes everything as it remains the same. I am found with every sound; no longer noise but joyful notes of harmony and melody; the same tune but different verses. The moments of purity I witness as I walk to and from a hunting spot as I feel the touch of the bark of the trees, the hard and soft ground beneath my tired feet, and the smell of the perfume of the grasses, flowers and animal scents left behind in their daily life of survival. 

I am found as I watch the crazy critters scurry about all while I am observing from just a few yards away; unnoticed (most of the time) I peer into their lives, their personalities, their flaws and features as they exist in their perfect natural environment. I see their tiny paws and claws, the small patches of fluffed fur, their eyelashes and ear tufts, their movements as they almost always remain alert. I am alert, waiting, watching, enjoying every moment with the most resounding moments of peace in existence. 


Will there be a shot at an animal? It's possible but so much must come together for that moment to occur. I am content being in their world and absorbing the refinement and artistry of a living painting before me. I am envious but protective of their ability to be free from the overbearing thoughts of chaos we as humans must endure. True freedom at its finest. Their movements, style, and grace are all with purpose; every step, head turn, flinch, jump, or sense used is calculated, with reason, for survival but it still fascinates me. 

Will I be disappointed without a shot? Never. The journey of being found while getting lost is more than enough to satisfy my soul, more than enough to refresh, renew, and relax my heart and mind, and more than enough to recenter my gravity and keep me grounded like the mighty oaks. Mother Nature's foundation is my building block in life; it's what keeps me sane, provides clarity, and ensures my return trip to the chaos is safe; safe knowing that I will be getting lost again real soon. 



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thank you CC for explaining it so well. This is why after 4 seasons of hunting and being out there, I'm still excited to shoot my first big buck. And why I still go out there and sit, freezing cold, but excited and aware and awake.... but still so relaxed and content. Thank you Candace, for sharing this, it's a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Im glad you enjoyed it! Contrary to what many might believe I have yet to take a 'big' buck even after years of hunting and 6-7 years of bowhunting. My biggest rifle buck is a small 9 point and my biggest bow buck is a small 6 point (my Bittersweet buck) but they all mean so much to me. Some of it has to do with opportunities of even being able to hunt big mature bucks but its about the hunt anyway. I am just thankful to get 'found' in these woods. There is a possibility I will be adding more to this blog because I wanted to write more but was afraid something too long would deter some from reading :) well see!!

      Delete