Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Release




 

 
As I sat in the woods on a Friday night waiting for pigs with my bow, I took out my Rite in the Rain notebook to write down my thoughts. As I picked up the pen I looked at my hand and there of course, ready as always, was my Scott Archery Fox release. There it was staring at me, attempting to hinder my penmanship, screaming at me to either take it off or adapt and write with it still on.

 
With the chance of pigs around I couldn't take my release off so there was only one option. As I looked at it, I was going to win this battle and I maneuvered my hand around with the pen, and the words just poured out. In about 3 minutes there on paper was a simple, yet inspiring piece of my thoughts. Hope you enjoy!


Release
 
 On my hand
 
  Of my troubles
 
   Of the world
 
    In my mind
 
     Becomes my hand
 
      Extension of me
 
       Connected through
 
      Draws the string
 
     Launches the arrow
 
    Frees my soul
 
   Feeds my hunger
 
  More than a tool
 
 Pressure pointed
 
Directed, purposeful Release
 
Peace



4 comments: